From January 20 until February 3, students will log their reading minutes to read across the world while earning funds for Seaforth’s new playground!
Keep an eye out for your child’s Read-A-Thon login information which they will bring home from school on January 20.
For Students to log reading minutes:
1. Go to https://mindgrowtheducation.com/sign-in/.
2. Login with username and password provided by the school.
3. Click “Let’s get started,” select preferred Avatar/character, click “Next”, followed by “Get Started” (you will only need to do this the first time you login).
4. Click “Log Minutes” in the main menu.
5. Enter “Book Title” and number of minutes read. Click “Save Entry”.
6. Click “Journey” in the main menu to view your child’s progress on the map (to unlock a destination on the map, your child must read the required minutes).
7. Read and log minutes daily to reach each destination!
***Note it is important to log reading minutes daily as the program does not allow entries for past days. Further, if you combine minutes from several days into one entry, that entry may be questioned and removed from the count because it is odd or outrageous.
For parents and families to FUNDRAISE:
1. Go to “Fundraisers” at the bottom of https://fundrazr.com/seaforthreadathon2023.
- Select your child’s class/division (this ensures your contribution goes to your child’s division).
3. Select “Contribute”.
4. Share your child’s class/division link with family and friends so they can also contribute.Prizes will be awarded for students with the most minutes read, class/divisions with the most minutes read, and class/division which raises the most funds!
Q: How can families encourage students to participate in the challenge?
A: Families can help in the following ways:
- Sponsor reading minutes – let your child know they will get X amount for each minute read.
- Sponsor by destination – let your child know they will get X amount if they reach a particular destination on the map.
- Make multiple contributions as they progress through the challenge.
- Share your child’s division link with family and friends and post the link to social media for more support.
- Write some encouraging words when you contribute.
Q: How do I find my child’s division link to fundraise to their division?
A: Scroll down to the “Fundraisers” section of https://fundrazr.com/seaforthreadathon2023 and select your child’s division. Alternatively, note which division you are contributing to in “Your Message” when making your contribution.
Q: Where can I find information on the Read-A-Thon’s progress?
A: Go to https://fundrazr.com/seaforthreadathon2023 and select “Updates”. For your child’s progress, please login to their account.
Q: My child cannot log into their read log account:
- Confirm you entered the login credentials correctly. For example, check lowercase and uppercase letters were entered correctly, “t,” not “+”, etc.
- Use supported browsers on a laptop or computer: Google Chrome, Firefox, MS Edge, Safari, and Opera.
- If the above does not work, contact Isabelle, your Mind Growth Education representative, at email@example.com, and she’ll be happy to help.
Thank you and happy reading! – Seaforth PAC Seaforth.firstname.lastname@example.org